Policies and International and Local Cooperation Department
Main Tasks of the Policies and International and Local Cooperation Department
- Propose general policies on the work of prosecution offices and different departments in accordance with the general policy of the justice sector.
- Create means of cooperation with public prosecution services on Arab, regional and international levels.
1. Policies Division – Main Tasks
- Propose general policies on the work of prosecution offices and different departments in accordance with the competencies of the Public Prosecution based on the provisions of the law and the vision of the justice sector.
- Contribute to proposing justice sector policies in cooperation with all the relevant institutions.
- Represent the public prosecution in sector working groups responsible for preparing justice sector general policies.
- Review and propose legislations on the work of the public prosecution and participate in legal drafting committees with the competent bodies.
2. Local and International Cooperation – Main Tasks
- Follow up on all local, regional and international events relevant to the work of the Public Prosecution and guarantee the Palestinian Public Prosecution's participation in such activities.
- Prepare papers on the participation of the Public Prosecution in local, regional and international forums and conferences.
- Communicate with regional and international public prosecution services and establish a strong network of relations to facilitate the work of the prosecution in the framework of regional and international cooperation agreements.
- Implements international judicial assistance requests.